About Me

My photo
My name is Amanda, and I am happily married to my best friend, Josh, and we have a son named Caleb, and a daughter, Leah.

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Do you think for yourself?

An education will teach you to think for yourself, using well-established and time-honored methods as you move toward truth. Indoctrination will force you to ask no questions but to simply believe what you're told, rejecting those who don't see it your way.
Have you been educated or indoctrinated??? -Steve McVey


That is something to think about, for yourself. I have been to a couple churches where we were told to not question the Pastor or the leadership, because they heard from God.  (Does God not speak to you too?) I have been accused of trying to "control the Holy Spirit" because I had concerns with the presentation of the sermons.  Shunned by those who I counted as friends, because I did not agree with them or their church.  Manipulated to give money, told off when I tried to raise concerns about the counselling.  Something is wrong, and no one there sees it.  All we can do is pray, and believe that God has the greater picture.  But it hurts to know that some people are going to be hurt more than they can even imagine when it all becomes clear.

Have you been educated, or indoctrinated?


1 comment:

  1. Great post hon! I hope that God opens their eyes to this really soon, it is hard to watch, and it is hard to be shunned. But we don't see the big picture of what God is doing behind the scenes, and we just need to hold onto Him and keep on walking forward. I hope others who are in a similar situation as you and I are will see your blog and find hope and know they are not alone. This kind of thing is RAMPANT right now...everywhere.

    ReplyDelete