About Me

My photo
My name is Amanda, and I am happily married to my best friend, Josh, and we have a son named Caleb, and a daughter, Leah.

Thursday 30 January 2014

Walking through Winter

Winter is not my favourite season, for very long.  I absolutely love it in the month of December, and then I long for green grass and warm sunshine again.  Last year, I was very busy and tired with a fresh new baby, and going out was not an option most of the time.  It seemed to just fly by because I was so incredibly busy.  For me this year, January has absolutely been one of the longest months on record.  It has been so icy and snowy that I haven't been able to get out and walk, and it certainly shows in my outward appearance.  I found out a few days ago that Fredericton has not one, but two FREE walking trails...I am still excited about it! I have gone twice so far, and I love it.  Pushing Caleb in the stroller adds some extra resistance, and I feel amazing.  I plan on going every day after I take Josh to work.  I am pumped about this. Gym memberships are so expensive, and it is hard to get the time with a toddler.  Fredericton has beautiful outdoor trails in the summer, so there is always somewhere to walk, bike, and explore. I LOVE it here!

Downtown Fredericton in May

Fredericton North in June on the Riverfront

Down by the river in Marysville, NB...one of the many walking trails


The Grant Harvey Centre Walking Track

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish there were free ones here! I am doing Leslie Sansone walking dvd's when I get time. I do take the dog out on our trail, but I can't walk fast enough through there!

    ReplyDelete