About Me

My photo
My name is Amanda, and I am happily married to my best friend, Josh, and we have a son named Caleb, and a daughter, Leah.

Thursday 16 January 2014

A day in the ring...

Well, the inevitable happened.  To me anyway.  I told myself last year when I was pregnant that I should take off my wedding band and engagement ring because of the extra fluid and weight gain, but I felt like they were too important to remove, and I loved wearing them.  I haven't been able to remove them since, and lately there has been extra swelling in my hands and feet.

We tried EVERYTHING...butter, baby oil, ice, hand raised above my head...nothing worked
Today I had the rings cut off.  It pained me to do it, but it was more of a pain to wear them.  I was assured by the associate at Charm that they could be repaired and re-fitted, and I would not know it.  He said if he had a nickel for every set of rings he cut off for the very same reason, he would be rich. Embarrassed? Yes, but very relieved :-) Next step would be to find the cause of the swelling.  I don't eat excessive amounts of salt, but I also do not cut it out of my diet because my low blood pressure. My cardiologist a few years ago told me to ADD more salt, but I don't add more.

Some great news! On January 8th, the day after Caleb's birthday, my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, named Abigail Ellen Marie! She is my third niece, and she is so tiny and beautiful.  She weighed 6 lbs 12oz, and we couldn't be happier for her and Jason, and big sister Brooklyn!

Big sister Brooklyn is four years old and spunky :-)

Welcome baby Abby <3

2 comments:

  1. Oh your rings!! Yes, that is a very common thing to have to get done, but I am glad they can fix it. The swelling though.... hmmmmmm, I think you need a prescription to somewhere warm and sunny! And congrats to all of you on your precious new addition!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, somewhere warm and sunny would be AMAZING! Back to Bermuda perhaps...I will have to post a blog about that trip :-)

    ReplyDelete