About Me

My photo
My name is Amanda, and I am happily married to my best friend, Josh, and we have a son named Caleb, and a daughter, Leah.

Friday 25 July 2014

Then and Now

Well, it turns out that in 2007 I started a blog...and obviously forgot about it :-) Here it is, with a photo of me at the time.

August 2007, 25 year old me with my "baby cousin"

Wow, First MySpace, then Hi5, then Facebook, now I am blogging .. oh the things we do!
But this seems like fun. Life for me is pretty good right now, I am enjoying my single-ness, and loving life. For some reason I have noticed that a particular Church dominates in asking young adults when they walk in the doors, "are you married yet" "do you have a man?" etc, etc. It's seems to be the only thing they know to ask a person...what happened to "how are you today?"
something to think about....

On the other hand I must say that I truly love my family, and I miss them with every passing day. I am amazed at how time passes by, and I am so blessed to have the family that God gave me.

Funny how time changes things :-)

31 year old me with my little family in 2013 :-)



2 comments:

  1. Interesting how you noticed something was amiss in that church even then and were wary about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that. I left a year later, after they asked me if I saw the "gold dust" in the service.

    ReplyDelete