About Me

My photo
My name is Amanda, and I am happily married to my best friend, Josh, and we have a son named Caleb, and a daughter, Leah.

Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Although we were married in 2011, Today marks my 4th Valentines Day with my dear husband, Joshua.  We started "courting" in 2009.  Maybe sometime I will blog "Our Story" :-)


Words cannot express how grateful I am to have him in my life.  He has always been there with a word of encouragement, and an amazing hug.  He makes me laugh, he wipes my tears when I cry, and he even knows what feminine product I use, haha.  He is a keeper! This morning as I went into the kitchen, he stopped me in my tracks and told me not to enter. I could smell pancakes though! He creatively set up the island in the middle of our kitchen with orange juice in our crystal goblets, and he used my favourite classic dishes.  He made heart-shaped pancakes, and had my FAVOURITE Lindt melt-in-your-mouth chocolates.


A lot of people say Valentines Day is a "Hallmark Holiday", and that it doesn't really matter. But I think that if there is a day where we can especially share the love we have for each other, than we should.  Life is so short, and we need to celebrate each other ON Valentines Day, and every day of the year.  Since I was a little girl, I have known seven young people in my life through the years that have tragically died too young.  It has taught me to appreciate and love life, and live it to the fullest.  No one is immune from death, but we have a choice to live life the best way we can.

P.S. I Love You all!

1 comment: