About Me

My photo
My name is Amanda, and I am happily married to my best friend, Josh, and we have a son named Caleb, and a daughter, Leah.

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Good News

It has certainly been a while since I have written on my blog. A lot has happened. Josh lost his job twice because of the business closing, my Dad was diagnosed with Colon Cancer in January, around the time of my last entry.  He had part of his colon removed at the end of March, and thankfully, he is now cancer free.  He did not even require chemo. All because he took an early detection kit from the mail.  My Dad has always been private.  Never a sick day, he played hockey, he was a runner, he walked...but cancer does not pick favourites. This was hard for him to do.  Because of being open about it, others have been able to take the step of going to their doctor, and asking to be tested. His life was spared, and now others may have that hope.

That has been the most amazing news after an incredibly long winter. That, and my husband has a job interview tomorrow :-)

Dad, I love and appreciate you so much.  I am so thankful for your opportunity to seize life, and to be able to watch your grand babies grow.

xoxoxo











1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! I am not quite sure how I missed commenting on this post! I am SO GLAD your dad is okay!!! I think you should try and do the daybook on Monday's, it is fun and challenging too! I nominated you for a blog award, you can see it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete